3.25.2010

Nine Years Strong

Nine years ago, on my 16th birthday, the boy I liked gave me a birthday card. At the end of the card, he had written, "P.S......will you be my girlfriend?". Nine years later--I am still saying YES to that question! He is my best friend, and now....husband almost 3 years! We have so much fun together. We go through life together side by side. Whatever curveballs come our way, it's ok. Our faith, our commitment to each other, along with the support of our family and friends keep us together.
And me. Well, I'm 2 months away from graduating with my Masters degree. Getting more photography sessions each week. Loving life. Excited with all the changes. A little scared, but mostly excited for the unknown of the future. I have so many people surrounding me. But most importantly, I have someone I can trust with my future.
So my birthday this year was wonderful. A perfect way think about all the wonderful memories of the past. And the excitement of what is to come. Spring is here! I can wear a cute dress. Roll down the windows. Go without socks. It is a great day!

2 comments:

  1. It's got to be exciting knowing that you'll be done with school in a few months! I bet it's almost hard to imagine.

    Love the photos taken on your b-day. They're beautiful and capture both of your personalities so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed Alicia. Good for you. And I am so happy for you to be almost done with school! Where do you get time to take photos?! These pics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete